Monday 8 March 2010

New Toy Part 2

Time to do a bit of unpacking

The frame with all it's protective packaging and loads of red tags saying do this and don't do that...

With the weather being so frosty the kitchen table became my work bench much to the annoyance of Mrs Mark...




Looks better with the plastic off...











Lots of little pics (click on photo for a higher rez shot)...










So now the pics are up you can see that the frame in question is a Scott Addict. Why an Addict and not a CR1 or similar, why a race rather than a sportive type frame? Well firstly and most importantly the Addict was on offer from Westbrook cycles and I've always liked Scotts, secondly doing my homework on the Addicts geometry reveals it to be within a few millimetres of my Focus - the top tube was within 5mm difference, the seat tube was shorter so no problems there and the only real difference was in the height of the head tubes - 140mm to the Focus's 150mm. However the fork crown on the Addict is chunkier adding 10mm height on the crown over the Focus so the height to the top of the head tubes with wheels on comes out the same for both bikes and seeing as I'm happy with the racier type geometry provided with my Focus I don't see it being an issue with the Scott even on 100 mile sportive rides. I may be an old geezer but I'm quite supple owing to a lifetime of sporting activities of one sort or another...

No comments:

Post a Comment