Tuesday 6 April 2010

Nothing, a positive and a worry...

Yup nothing, that's more or less what I've done since the Cheshire Cat. Granted it's only been a week since the cat but seeing as I've been training 3 or 4 times a week for 2 months prior to the cat it seems extremely strange and demotivating doing nothing. Well when I say nothing I did actually go out for a quick 25 mile ride on good Friday but I felt weak and feeble for much of the ride and didn't enjoy it.

Thinking back now I had been feeling lethargic on occasion during last week, I've been feeling sleepy mid day which is not like me at all, eventually I came down with a sore throat and a head cold that made itself felt on Friday night through to Monday. Hopefully that accounts for my lacklustre Friday ride. Today Tuesday It's more or less gone and I'm hoping for a ride or turbo session tomorrow, I need to get back to some sort of training....

One positive came from Fridays ride, I chose to ride a hill I haven't ridden for a while that go's through Alvanley village in Cheshire. First time I rode it just over a year ago I walked half of it, the second time I also walked it, when I finally climbed it I did it by zigg zagging my way up the steepest bit and I've only ridden it twice since. This last time last Friday, no zig zagging, no cheating just straight ahead, granted it was slow work but now that hill means nothing to me now, nothing, just a slightly hard hill, now that's a mark of progress :)

Now the worry. I've been losing weight these last few weeks I'm down to 11 stone and 1/2 pound which is light for me. I'm looking skinny, my face has lost it's fat and it makes me look older than I am. I do hope it's down to the riding I've been putting in these last two months and it's not my transplanted kidney packing in.... I will find out in two weeks time... fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment