Friday 22 January 2010

I'm going into the weekend just a little concerned but not as concerned as I was a few days ago when I was getting over a cold and the resultant cough on my chest. The reason for the concern? it's all because the club has a hilly ride in mind for this coming Sunday (as I mentioned in my last blog entry), normally I would relish the opportunity but so soon after my enforced lay-off, it's a concern, not as much as it was a few days a go but still a concern...

Today I had another session on my turbo so that makes three sessions this week - two easy rides to ease this body of mine back into action and a harder ride today. I thought that I need at least one harder session before the ride to gauge my fitness and the choice of training DVD today was Cycling Fitness Results Climbing Acceleration. The meat of the workout is two sets of intervals using Joe Friel's heart rate zones, he has you warm up in Zone 1 for 8 minutes then two sets of 15 minute intervals in zone 2 with a few 30 second bursts of 5A-5C thrown in which plenty hurty...

After I finished the workout I was surprised at just how fast the workout went and I was also pleasantly surprised to discover that I am nearly back to full fitness - legs and lungs felt pretty good, not there yet but nearly..... lets just see how Sunday pans out for my first outdoor ride of the year and what a ride it will be :)

No comments:

Post a Comment