Saturday 5 February 2011

Rehab Week 3

It's groundhog day, day after day and I'm getting seriously fed up with the monotony of it all but at least I had my rehab session to look forward to on Wednesday however what a waste of time that was, after measuring my progress I was told to carry on doing what I'm doing and come back in 2 weeks when they will start on my leg. No new exercises, no hands on, nothing new, I have however made some progress in my range of movement in my arm by a couple of extra degrees, I'm approx 3 inches away from my left finger tips touching my left shoulder and approx 5 degrees of straightening my arm out fully so I've seen small improvements.

More positively I'm not in as much pain now and I can now type two handed. The clicking in my elbow has diminished somewhat, it's still there but no sharp pains. Joe my rehab person thinks that it is as she previously explained - excess new bone growing out of the unpinned break in my radius bone and the pain is just inflammation so I gave it a rest for a couple of days resulting in a lot less pain upon restarting rehab. I am also fantasy shopping adding stuff to my fantasy shopping list, I want some new training wheels and some not so bulky body armour for my elbows and hip, might look a numpty but if that is what it takes to get me out on my bike and rebuild my confidence well so be it...

Next week is a pivitol week for me. On Tuesday which will take me to 5 weeks 2 days post breaks, I will be x-rayed to see if my leg is sufficiently healed enough to enable me to start putting some weight down on my gammy leg and hopefully be able to hobble around on crutches...

3 comments:

  1. It's great to hear that you are making small improvements. Each one is a step on the way back to your total recovery.

    After the bad crash I suffered in 2009 I was pretty cautious when I got back on the bike - I was terrified of speed when going downhill, always feathering the brakes, but bit by bit- stage by stage I gained my confidence and am now able to 'hurl' myself downhill and around bends without giving it a thought. I am sure that you will too. Just don't think too far ahead,take each day as it comes.

    I really wish you well
    Kindest regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you'll be back in the saddle in no time. Hopefully in time for a nice hot summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Adam & Trevor for your comments and Trevor it's always good to hear from people who have have been through similar injuries, very uplifting and encouraging...

    ReplyDelete